Saturday, February 25, 2012

off the map

a few weeks ago i judged this slope just steep enough to slide, but not enough to run to far with the given snow pack. I opted to skin up far lookers right on dirt and grass to be safe. I sneaked through the starting zone by threading the rock line in center of the photo. I also summited and skied the far left ridge of the peak in the background...in retrospect I should have skied the sunlit ridge. I returned a week later, but it was blown clean to bare rock

























Same slope a week later after 10 inches and heavy wind
























































And the killer granite alpine spires. These serve up about 500 feet of climbing and top out at 10,000 ft.



































No comments:

Post a Comment